Tonight I am missing the people I left behind.
I left Queensland a few months ago and due to unforeseen circumstances, I left in such a hurry that I unfortunately didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to my friends. And tonight, I’m just realising that the fact that I didn’t get to say goodbye means I haven’t seen them for LONGER than I have been here, consequently making me miss them even more. I miss them all for different reasons, because each friend that I have, is in my life for a particular reason. They all have something different and special to offer me, and hopefully I do in return to them as well.
So here are my reasons for missing these people. In no particular order.
– I miss C and his vibrational energy; his comfort and his ability to make me get up and do things that I don’t have the courage or motivation to do myself.
– I miss S and her deep and meaningful chats; her reassurance that I’m not crazy, or alone and that I am allowed to be sad and angry if I want and need to be.
– I miss J and her ability to make me laugh that reminds me not to take life too seriously; her lack of judgement and amazing ability to continue loving so hard, despite what people have put her through.
– I miss K and her everlasting smile and her eyes that are just so fond of what the world has to offer; her deep trust in the world and all its people.
– I miss R and his ability to keep me young at heart, but a reminder that I have an old soul; his lack of judgement when he is evidently smarter and sometimes wiser than me.
– I miss C and her calming nature; her relaxed attitude and ability to just let things come and go throughout her life as they please; my complete musical soul mate.
– I miss J and his ability to understand everything I feel without me having to say a word; he is the yin to my yang.
And it goes without saying that I miss my brother for all these reasons above, and many more.
I hope our paths cross again sometime soon.
*This is not me (obviously)